Sunday, November 17, 2013

Unit Plan Canvas Remix


When remixing “Storytelling Through Photography” the first thing I thought of was picture prompts. However, I felt picture prompts are somewhat overdone. I thought it would be more fun to use picture prompts to prompt a prediction. Instead of writing the story based on the picture, the students will write the story based on what happens AFTER the picture. The goal is to get the students excited about writing and I believe giving them more freedom could help. While we tell our students the picture prompt does not have to be a large part of their story, often times I find students describing the picture instead of creating a story. Creating the assignment based on predictions could help the students stray away from this issue they may be struggling with.

No comments:

Post a Comment